- Once your application package has been received, TeachingChile will contact you to confirm receipt. Some teaching institutions may contact you for an interview.
- Depending on the date you send your application and the review date of the teaching institution, there is a period of time you should plan to wait for a response. The teaching institution is the final decision maker and TeachingChile cannot control the institute's review and hire schedule.
- Accepted applicants will be notified by email of their acceptance within two to four weeks of the review by the Teaching Institution. If you accept the job contract offered by the Teaching Institution, a 60% deposit toward the program placement fee will be due to TeachingChile. This deposit reserves the teaching position exclusively for you, thus blocking other applicants from receiving an offer for that particular teaching position. For this reason, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Upon your acceptance of the job offer, TeachingChile will send you a pre-departure and arrival package via email which will include visa application and processing instructions, details for your arrival and first night's lodging, and more.
- Approximately ten weeks prior to your departure, the final 40% payment toward the program placement fee (non-refundable) is due.
- TeachingChile will arrange a pre-paid transfer from Santiago airport to your first night's lodging, notifying you by email with all of the details. However, if you arrive into Chile before the date that we've suggested for attending the scheduled in-country orientation and training (perhaps because you are arriving early to take Spanish classes or tour South America), you will be responsible to get the airport transfer to your first night's lodging on your own.